Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Bloodlines

TitleBloodlines 
AuthorRichelle Mead 
SeriesBloodlines #1
Genres: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy 
Pages: 448 Pages
Publisher: Penguin Books
Published Date: 25 August 2011
Edition: Paper / Ebook 
SourceBuy for Kobo...
              Buy the Book...
              Add to Goodreads...
              Buy for Kindle...
__________________________________

SYDNEY PROTECTS VAMPIRE SECRETS - AND HUMAN LIVES.

Sydney belongs to a secret group who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the world of humans and vampires. 

But when Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, she fears she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. What unfolds is far worse. The sister of Moroi queen Lissa Dragomir is in mortal danger, and goes into hiding.  Now Sydney must act as her protector.  

The last thing Sydney wants is to be accused of sympathizing with vampires.  And now she has to live with one... 

___________________________________________

Review 

This is a spin off series of Vampire Academy; anyone who loved it will love this series of books. 

I am not going to pretend and say I loved it from the very beginning like the Vampire Academy series. It did take me some time to get into this book. But I think that was more due to the fact I was too hooked on the lives of Rose and Dimitri, and just wanted to read about them. But once I gave the book a chance I started to love it and got just as excited to find out what would happen next. 

I like how we find out what happens to Adrain, Eddie, Sydney and Jill because at the end of the Vampire Academy series they just disappear without hearing much from them which, disappointed me. I wanted to know and this book just voiced it all. 

I was so happy Richelle Mead decided to narrate this series from Sydney’s point of view.  We were introduced to her in Blood Promise and I loved how different she was from the other characters. 

Sydney is very stuck in her ways, she is loyal to her secret society but she is also loyal to those she feels who are worthy.  Sydney has a big heart, very intelligent and just wants to help everyone.  This is what I love about her; she is a very caring person. 

Adrian to me is a person who is starting to grow on me.  I don’t love his character compared to the others.  I have been wary of him since we were first introduced to him in the Vampire Academy series.  He is so different from everyone else with his cheeky humour and non-serious attitude towards most things. He is one of these boys who is full of himself. But after finishing this book I think I may have not given Adrian a chance.  He show's us this unstable side which let's us know his more vulnerable and emotional side of him.  I think Mr Adrian Ivashkov has more to show and I think in Bloodlines he is going to get his chance to shine. 

As I mentioned previously this is a spin off series of the Vampire Academy series. I am not sure if it would be understandable if you haven’t read the Vampire Academy series. Most things are explained in detail but I think to understand it completely, I would recommend reading the Vampire Academy series first.  It is an awesome series. 

I can’t explain how good bloodline is. The only word I can think to use is completely brilliant.  Might I even say better than the Vampire Academy series. I couldn't set the book down, each chapter always ended in a cliff hanger I needed to read on to find out more.  I remembered myself saying over and over again, “I will stop reading after this chapter” it never happened.  

After the ending of this book which left me shocked, I couldn't actually believe what happened. I highly recommend this book to everybody.  I actually didn't even know it existed until I accidentally came across it in a book shop. I can’t wait to read Golden Lilly, book 2 of bloodlines. 

Selina x