Sunday, 6 September 2015

The Ruby Circle

TitleThe Ruby Circle
AuthorRichelle Mead 
SeriesBloodlines #6
Genres: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy 
Pages: 368 Pages 
Publisher: Razorbill
Published Date: 10 February 2015
Edition: Paper / Ebook 
SourceBuy for Kobo...
              Buy the Book...
              Add to Goodreads...
              Buy for Kindle...
__________________________________

THEY WILL BE TESTED…

Their forbidden romance exposed, Alchemist Sydney and Royal Moroi vampire Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both of their kind.

When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about Spirit magic, a secret that could shakes the entire vampire world and alter his and Sydney’s lives forever.

LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL.
___________________________________________

Is it over? Is it really over? I don’t want it to be over, there is still so much more to give. I actually read the series again before reading the Ruby Circle because I didn't want it to end. I would like to thank Richelle Mead for not only giving us one breathtakingly awesome YA series but two, which in my eyes will be extremely hard to beat. But I especially want to thank her because it was the Vampire Academy which started me off on my journey of reading and reviewing.

Now to the book itself and what a brilliant finale it was, it just summed up everything. I loved how they got all the groups together in one book; the Moroi, the Alchemist, the Dhampirs, the witches and the Warriors. It was just epic to have them altogether; it was one of my favourite parts about this book.   

The Ruby Circle made me change my whole view on Nina Sinclair. I went from not liking her to, feeling sorry for her and a little bit sad.  The lives of Nina and Olive, her half Dhampir sister who she brought back from being a strigio, has not been an easy one so far and it’s about to get a hell of a lot harder, and complicated with the involvement of Neil as well.

But the secret puzzle about Spirit magic, that Adrian finds himself getting involved with, I never could see coming. I could never off guessed what it was, even if I tried so hard. It completely shocked me and a lot of lives with the information. But to be honest it is a little cute as well.    

I hate to say this but I was disappointed with a few different parts. The first of which is about Angeline. Where did she disappear and why? I know she said she was at Amberwood studying but seriously the Angeline we knew would not just disappear from the action like that, it was such a bad excuse. Also Troy wasn’t in it as much as I thought he was going to be. It was just a little bit disappointing because I grew to love them all, they were in it together from around the beginning, and then these two just disappeared without a trace.

The other part was about Adrian and Sydney. As much as I have grown to love Adrian, bloodlines was meant to from Sydney’s point of view and I feel, we have lost her along the way and gained a more insight into Adrian, and this book especially distance us from Sydney. I really thought it would off ended with Sydney’s feeling, which really disappointed me that it didn't.

For me this doesn’t feel like the end of this supernatural world from the way it ended. It feels like there is more to give, and the way in which Richelle Mead writes you don’t get fed up and bored of reading about it. But unfortunately we do have to say Goodbye to this world for now, and I will live in hope that Richelle Mead is not finished with it yet. 

Love doesn’t always have a happy ending for everyone, not everyone gets it so lucky. But the love between Adrian and Sydney just makes your heart melt, it’s so beautiful and the chemistry they have, WOW, it was just on high from the very start. They couldn’t be more Bunlike if they tried, no one could of every imagined Adrian and Sydney together. But they do say opposite attract, it was fate, they were meant to be together.

From the very beginning they put everything on the line for each other. No matter what the situation was that they find themselves in, they always fought it together and had each other in mind, even when they were not together. Love will conquer all and it always will for Adrian and Sydney.

Selina x